Link Popularity Comparison Tool (Retired)
This tool has been retired.
To see alternative link analysis tools, please view our link tools index page.
Need Help With Link Building?
- If you are a DIY type, we offer a free guide that shares 101 link building tips. If you need training for your inhouse staff we recommend Debra Mastaler.
- If you are scarce on time & want to hire help, we recommend contacting some of the best link builders in the world, like Jim Boykin (in the US) & Chris Angus (in the UK).
How This Tool Work
This tool shows you how your link profile compares to leading competitors. Link quality tends to matter much more than link quantity. Ranking near the top of the search results is self reinforcing. When people create various automated spam sites or legitimately reference sites they are far more inclined to reference sites at the top of the results than sites which are nowhere to be found. It can take a year or more to build up a competitive quality link profile in competitive marketplaces.
Please note that Google only shows an exceptionally small sample of the linkage data they know of. Some of the other engines show a much larger sample. Google still counts many of the links they do not show when you do a backlink check on Google, but due to algorithms like TrustRank Google seems harder to manipulate than Yahoo! or MSN using techniques like bulk low quality link spam.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical performance data: going all the way back to last decade, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low monthly price.