Link Popularity Comparison Tool (Retired)
This tool has been retired.
To see alternative link analysis tools, please view our link tools index page.
Need Help With Link Building?
- If you are a DIY type, we offer a free guide that shares 101 link building tips. If you need training for your inhouse staff we recommend Debra Mastaler.
- If you are scarce on time & want to hire help, we recommend contacting some of the best link builders in the world, like Jim Boykin (in the US) & Chris Angus (in the UK).
How This Tool Work
This tool shows you how your link profile compares to leading competitors. Link quality tends to matter much more than link quantity. Ranking near the top of the search results is self reinforcing. When people create various automated spam sites or legitimately reference sites they are far more inclined to reference sites at the top of the results than sites which are nowhere to be found. It can take a year or more to build up a competitive quality link profile in competitive marketplaces.
Please note that Google only shows an exceptionally small sample of the linkage data they know of. Some of the other engines show a much larger sample. Google still counts many of the links they do not show when you do a backlink check on Google, but due to algorithms like TrustRank Google seems harder to manipulate than Yahoo! or MSN using techniques like bulk low quality link spam.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Want more great SEO insights? Read our SEO blog to keep up with the latest search engine news, and subscribe to our SEO training program to get cutting edge tips we do not share with the general public. Our training program also offers exclusive SEO videos.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips