Global Keyword Suggestion Tool
- This tool was powered by Overture, but they killed their public facing tool.
- We recommend our keyword tool for US based searches (or international searches where there is lots of volume in the United States as well).
- For now we recommend giving the Google AdWords tool and Google Traffic Estimator a try for international searches.
How Does It Work?
Our Free Keyword Research Tool :
- Is driven off the Overture keyword suggestion tool. For the US market Overture's keyword tool is frequently down, and we recommend using the SEO Book keyword suggestion tool, as it is powered off of Wordtracker and is much more reliable.
- Offers suggested monthly regional search volumes by market for Google, Yahoo!, and MSN.*
- Links the search volumes to the related global search results.
- Provides links to price estimate tools from Overture and Google AdWords. That Google AdWords tool shows the necessary bid to rank #1 for 85% of queries, and roughly how much traffic you could expect AdWords to send you based on that bid price.
- Links to Google Trends, Google Suggest, Google Synonyms, Yahoo! Suggest, Keyword Discovery and Wordtracker keyword research results.
- Links to various vertical databases like Topix.net, Google Blogsearch, and Del.icio.us to let you know if people are talking about your topic and what types of resources they are referencing.
Want more free PPC or keyword research tips? Need more Keyword Research Data?
- the Google AdWords traffic estimator estimates search volumes for keywords based on location, and their external keyword tool suggests related keywords without giving search volumes.
- If you use pay per click marketing you are probably best off using Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, and Microsoft AdCenter over the smaller PPC engines due to typically higher click quality and faster feedback loops.
- Wordtracker offers a subscription based keyword research service and has a free keyword research guide [PDF].
- Aaron Wall offers a free Google AdWords & Yahoo! Search Marketing Tips PDF and this free keyword research video on how to use this tool.
- Dan Thies's SEO Research Labs offers professional keyword research services and this free 75 minute keyword research video.
- Tools can only provide helpful information and estimates. Don't let tools make your mind up for you!
- Overture switches the order of some phrases. SEO Company may appear as company SEO in the Overture output.
- You have to use a bit of common sense and look at some of the other numbers from other tools to tell what the appropriate word orders are.
- If you see something like Diego Estate San Real well that's pretty obviously mixed up.
- People tend to typically use language in similar patterns. If there are 14,000,000 search results for ["car hire"] and only 2,000,000 pages for ["hire car"] then odds are car hire is a more common search term.
- Overture blends plural and singular terms together when showing their keyword data. Keep in mind the terms may be way different in meaning, competition, query volume, and conversion.
- Since we estimate Google and MSN traffic based on Yahoo!'s numbers any sampling error is amplified.
* Please note our tool currently assumes Google having double Yahoo!'s search traffic and Yahoo! having double MSN's search volume. Depending on your topic / vertical and your geographic location the search engines may have vastly different search volumes. The tool can only possibly offer approximations. Exact search volumes are hard to find due to vanity searches, click bots, rank checkers, and other forms of automated traffic. Exceptionally valuable search terms show far greater volume than they actually have due to various competitive commercial forces causing greater automated search traffic.
Want to Put this Tool on Your Site?
Grab the source code, or copy and past the contents of the form box below to your site:
and your tool will look like this:
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Want more great SEO insights? Read our SEO blog to keep up with the latest search engine news, and subscribe to our SEO training program to get cutting edge tips we do not share with the general public.