On Page Optimization & Site Analysis Tools
Overview: These tools help you compare the performance of different pages on a website & quickly analyze sitwide factors.
- Keyword Density Tool
- Page vs Page Comparison Tool
- Server Header Checker
- Rich snippet microdata cheat sheet
- Robots.txt Primer - learn all about robots.txt files.
Sitewide Competitive Research
Site Crawlers & Broken Link Finders
- Xenu Link Sleuth - a website crawler tool
- Netpeak Spider - a Xenu alternative.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider - similar to Xenu Link Sleuth with a lot more features. Free on smaller sites and has a paid premium version.
- Scrapebox - desktop-based web crawling software
- Deep Crawl - hosted crawling solution.
- 80 Legs - web-based crawling service
- Mozenda - web scraping software
- URL Profiler
- Most of the link analysis tools like Ahrefs, Majestic & OSE list broken inbound links and broken outbound links. Tools like GWMT also have a broken links section.
- Copyscape - allows you to find other sites using your content, or where user generated content on your site might be duplicated from other sites.
- TinEye - allows you to find other sites using your images. Google & Bing also offer search by image features.
- Siteliner - from the makers of Copyscape, highlights duplication across pages.
- Website Health Check - a quick and easy to use Firefox plugin looking for duplication of pages within the Google search index.
SEO Audit Tools
- Annie Cushing's SEO audit worksheets (on Google Docs here). She also has a template for sale here.
- SEO audit checklist templates by Aleyda Solis
- analytics tools - shows keywords that you already rank well for that drive traffic to your site
- keyword research tools - research new keywords to rank for
- competitive research tools - these tools will show you keywords sending traffic to competing websites
Know Any Other Tools Worth Suggesting?
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical performance data: going all the way back to last decade, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low monthly price.